Toilets clog for a variety of reasons, so when you’re dealing with a stubborn obstruction, getting it fixed quickly is the name of the game. Call AM PM Plumbing when you have a backed-up toilet that you can’t fix.
In need of toilet repair right away? No need to worry, we offer emergency service!
Most Common Causes of Toilet Clogs
You can avoid costly toilet repairs by following some simple tips to prevent clogs from happening. Here are the most common reasons people experience toilet clogs.
- Not Flushing Enough: If you use large quantities of toilet paper, consider flushing a few times before the bowl is full.
- Flushing Non-Flushable Items: You should only flush waste and toilet paper down the toilet. Avoid flushing feminine napkins, paper towels, dental floss, or personal wipes, even the ones that say they’re okay to flush.
- Hair: Some people clean out their brushes and flush the hair down the toilet. Put the hair in the trash instead.
- Foreign Objects: If you accidentally knock something into the toilet, fishing it out is better than trying to flush it down where it can become lodged.
Reasons to Replace Your Toilet
Whether your toilet is acting up, or it no longer fits the decor, there are many reasons to consider toilet replacement, and here are a few to consider.
- Repair Frequency: If your toilet requires frequent repairs, think about replacement.
- Frequent Clogs: Toilets that clog frequently are a nuisance, and a new model will make life easier.
- Cracks: Cracks in the porcelain not only look bad, but they can also lead to leaks. Inspect your toilet and if you notice any cracks, replace it.
- Color: Maybe your bathroom is older with fixtures that are pink or blue, and you want to modernize it. Getting a toilet that matches your bathroom’s color scheme adds value to your house and makes using the bathroom more enjoyable.
- Money Savings: If you have an older toilet made before the 90s, you are losing money with each flush. Today’s toilets use less water without sacrificing flushing power, which saves you money.
Stubborn drain clogs need expert help. Call us for our drain cleaning services and get relief!
How to Fix a Clogged Toilet
Watching the water in the toilet bowl slowly rise when you flushed is a nerve-wracking experience. Fortunately, you can fix most clogs with household remedies and tools. The plunger is the best way to clear an obstruction and get your commode free-flowing again. However, you can also make a drain cleaner with hot water, baking soda, and vinegar. If none of those tricks work, you may need to get deeper into the system by using a drain snake. If all else fails, call a plumber for help.