Look for These Three Things in a Plumbing Company
A good plumber’s hard to find––especially during the holiday season. During this hectic time, plumbers close up shop to spend time with their families. Others stay open alright--but offer standard services at increased rates. A homeowner may ask themselves: “How can I find a plumber near me?”
That part’s easy. Before scheduling an appointment, homeowners should read a prospective company’s reviews, look for appropriate licensure, and ask about maintenance plans. A solid plumbing service should have all of these things and more.
Search for a Murietta Plumber with Positive Reviews
- The Better Business Bureau (BBB): When a homeowner looks up a business on the BBB’s website, they can see the company’s rating, distance, and other facts. They can also review any public complaints against the company and whether anyone ever resolved them.
- Angi: Formerly known as “Angie’s List,” this website lets homeowners find home improvement services in their area. The website lists prices and allows for online scheduling, as well.
- Yelp: Since its inception in 2003, Yelp has transformed into a reviewer’s paradise. Here, homeowners can look up plumbers, review their ratings, and make informed decisions about booking an appointment.
Word choice is important, too. Homeowners should look for words like “fair,” “prompt,” and “honest” when selecting a new plumber.
Evaluate a Plumbing Company in Murietta’s Licensure
In California, plumbers must follow a three-phase process to be licensed. Not just anyone can call themselves a plumber and operate a business. To do so, they must first serve as an apprentice. From there, they become a journeyman and must remain so for four years. Only at this point can they apply for a contractor’s license.
A C36 is a great indicator that a plumbing service hires qualified professionals. However, based on local and county regulations, other licenses may apply. Homeowners can likely find whether a plumber is licensed by visiting the “About Me” section.
Do Not Hesitate to Ask About Maintenance Plans
Many plumbing companies offer free consultations where homeowners can ask specific questions about their problems.
Not-so-great plumbing companies will withhold information when a prospective customer asks a question. While not always the case, this generally means the plumber wants to charge the customer for a diagnostic test––even if the homeowner knows what the problem is.
A dedicated plumbing service will take time to listen to a client’s questions and address their concerns in a patient, timely manner. They should also provide insight into plumbing maintenance plans, as this will expand the lifetime of a homeowner’s plumbing system. Homeowners should ask:
- How often should you schedule an inspection?
- What are the signs of a leaking or failing toilet?
- What are the signs of sewer line problems?
- When is it time to call in an expert?
- What happens if the garbage disposal stops working?
A vetted, qualified plumbing service should answer these questions and more.
About AM PM Plumbing
The best part about AM PM Plumbing is in its name. Whether a homeowner wakes up to a flooded house or notices a leak in the evening, AM PM Plumbing provides around-the-clock service. They have five-star reviews, hire professional plumbers, and provide plumbing maintenance plans.